June 29, 2012 2:02 am
Following are six technology and design jobs that can pay six-figures:
- Mobile applications developer - As companies strive to reach consumers on smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, they need professionals who can develop applications for the small screen. Average starting salaries for mobile applications developers range from $85,000 to $122,500. The midpoint is $103,750.
- Data security analyst - Security threats are constantly changing, and staff members who can analyze risk and protect against it are in demand. These workers can make between $89,000 and $121,500, on average. The midpoint is $105,250.
- Interactive creative director ¬ These individuals lead interactive creative teams, composed of designers, writers and art directors, who together are responsible for visual and conceptual creative direction and user experience. Average base compensation is $93,500 to $150,000. The midpoint is $121,750.
- Business intelligence analyst - As companies strive to gather more information about their customers, they need professionals who can design and develop enterprise-wide data analysis and reporting tools. Starting salaries range from $87,750 to $123,500 for this position, on average. The midpoint is $105,625.
- Information architect - These individuals help define content strategy and design website features, as well as analyze audiences and their needs, in order to improve architecture and navigation. Base compensation for this position is between $78,250 and $116,000, on average. The midpoint is $97,125.
- User experience (UX) designer - Because so much customer interaction happens online, companies are looking for professionals who can create positive digital experiences. The average starting pay range for these individuals is $71,750 to $104,000. The midpoint is $87,875.
Source: Robert Half Technology; The Creative Group
Published with permission from RISMedia.